Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Run 4 Kids

The past two years Allison and I have run in the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Home Run4Kids. Last year Cooper participated in the 100 yard dash kids run. He seemed to have fun and even got a ribbon for his participation. I don’t think he is quite ready for the 1 mile run, but he and I will definitely be in training soon for his second go around in the 100 yard dash.

This year I was asked to serve on the race committee for the home. This is a great fundraiser for the home. Because of the economy, I am sure giving is down for the home so this race will be even more important. I am not sure if I will be able to actually run, but I am going to do my best to get people involved and raise money for a great cause.

This race is great for everyone in the family. Not only is there a 5k, but there is also a one mile run for the bigger kids, a 100 yard dash for the little kids, lots of good food, and tons of activities for kids. Last year there was a bouncing castle, a face painter, and a live band. Another fun thing about this race is the church competition. On the registration form you indicate the church you go to. There is a new twist to this year’s church competition—sponsorship. Each person running will have the option of getting donations from others as “sponsors” for the race. Then the church with the most people participating and money collected by their participants will win.

Anyone interested in running? If so, the race is May 30. I do not think the website ready for current year registration, but as soon as it is I will let you know.

No comments: