Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Are We Following God?

As I have told you before, Allison is a faithful reader of “My Utmost for His Highest.” She received it as a gift and often references what it has to say. Right after she got hers I ordered my own copy. At some point either during a visit to Nashville (we were living in Lexington at the time) or when we moved back, mine got lost. I didn’t count it as a big deal because there are multiple sites that you can get it for free online. However, because it is not sitting in front of me I rarely read it. Today I went to our store here downtown and bought a copy of the paperback version because I want to draw from what so many tell me is great day in and day out.

The first line of today's devotion is “It is easier to serve or work for God without a vision and without a call, because then you are not bothered by what He requires.” Wow, did that ever hit home. Lately I have read some books and listened to various sermon podcasts that have really turned things upside down. One of the things that I read was, don’t just pray for God’s will, but pray and act on what He tells you. There have been so many times that I have prayed, “God please tell me your will,” but I don’t think I was really expecting to hear from Him. Well, the last few weeks I have really been praying and expecting Him to answer. Now I just hope I listen and act on what He is telling me. Until next time...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Oh man. I read it on Wednesday too and it really hit close to home for me as well. Good stuff.