Sunday, March 22, 2009

A Couple of Firsts

This week had 2 "firsts." One was good and one was not so good.

I have posted a few times about running and my past and present feelings on it. Well, yesterday I had a first and a milestone that I didn't think I would ever make it to. I ran 10 miles for my long run in preparation for the Music City Half Marathon. Thankfully I didn't have any knee pain that I wouldn't put in the category of "it hurts because I ran for an hour and a half." Not only did I make it 10 miles, I ran it at the pace that is my goal for the race. Hopefully, with 5 weeks left before the race I can get 3 more 10+ mile runs in before the race.

The second first is totally unimpressive. As I posted about a few days ago, I have been filling out a Final Four bracket for several years. This is the first year, that I can remember, that I had a team in the Final Four get beat in the first round. I thought, for whatever reason, that West Virginia was going to go on a run and make it. My first thought was Louisville, but I changed it and now I will pay for it. Oh well, it will still be fun to keep up with it and hope that I beat Allison for house bragging rights.

No comments: