Sunday, December 9, 2007

"You surprised Clark?..."

"...Surprised Eddie. If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now." That is probably my favorite line from my favorite Christmas movie. I bet over the years I have seen it at least 50 times and that is not an exaggeration. Two years ago I watched it 7 times between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Allison and I spent Saturday night decorating our enormous Christmas tree and watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, twice. I was back and forth to K-Mart for tree lights so I didn't get to see it the first time so Alli graciously offered to watch it again.

Most of Saturday we were at my Mom's Mom's family for the annual Christmas gettogether. It was a lot of fun and we think Cooper had a good time. He watched everyone open gifts and then he watched all of the other kids play football in the front yard. It was so interesting seeing him watch them play.


Monday night we went to LifeWay's annual Christmas show at the Ryman Auditorium. It was really good. A lot of hard work goes into it and Joey's dad got called on stage to participate. It was hilarious. Along with me and Alli, my mom and dad, Neecie, Tony, Amy, and her friend Larkin went to the show. Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Tonight we went to eat at BlueCoast Burrito with Nick. Kristin went to see Point of Grace at FBC Smyrna so Nick was bachin' it. We had a good time as always. However, I think we as well as Nick have come to the realization that we are going to be busy from now until the end of time. Sometimes I just want to sit back and not do anything for a bit, even if it is just a little bit. Anyway, that is enough rambling for one night. For the three readers that I have, thanks and sorry for the "all over the place" post. Until next time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That there is what you call and ARRRRVEEEEE.