Sunday, October 19, 2008

Something to Ponder

On the way to church this morning we heard something, that frankly bothers me. We heard that Barack Obama has raised over $600 million, more than any other candidate in history. The fact of who raised is not what bothers me. The fact that people donated over half-a-billion dollars to a political campaign to either party is what is bothersome. I agree that people can do what ever they choose with their money, and people may think what I donate my money to is not a worthy cause. But I just couldn't help but think about what amount of good could be done with $600,000,000. I thought about all the homeless people that could help, all the research that could be done for cancer, and the list could go on and on. Does this bother anyone else? What do you think?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I totally agree Jeremy. It is disconcerting that many people will open their wallets to give to political candidates in large amounts, but there are churches and charities out there that actually do work to HELP people that are really hurting for even a small fraction of that money.
I'm with you, I don't want to tell anyone what to do with their money, but it is sad all the same.