Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sports Post

There are two major stories today that have me interested. 1. The Green Bay Packers reportedly offered Brett Favre $20 million over the next 10 years to stay retired. That is amazing. I wish I could find and employer that I could work for for 16 years, retire, un-retire and they would offer me that kind of money to stay home. They wouldn't even have the last word out of their mouth before I agreed 2. The Boston Red Sox traded Manny Ramirez. This one is tough for me because I am a Red Sox fan and I think that Manny and Big Papi were the best one-two-punch in baseball. However, when a player starts undermining the organization and making some of the comments that he made over the last few days, it is time for him to leave. It is amazing to me that the Red Sox wanted him gone so badly that they are paying the remaining amount of his salary for this season and traded some prospects for Jason Bay. Now Jason Bay is a nice player, but is he going to protect Big Papi the way Man-Ram did? I don't think so. Until next time...

No comments: