Monday, January 7, 2008

The Wii Adventure

Well this past weekend was something to remember. Last June we visited our friends Wes and Melissa Omohundro in Lexington. While there they introduced us to the Nintendo Wii. We played it and I tried to talk Allison into getting one, but she refused. Then over their most recent visit they brought theirs and again we played it, and loved it. On New Year's Eve we visited our friends, the Rhynes. Their oldest child, Landon, got a Wii for Christmas along with Guitar Hero 3. We played it there and by this time I was convinced that I was going to get one, either with my own money or when I pass the exam as gift to me. So on New Year's Day Allison seemed to be on board. She was at least not telling to stop calling. After about 10 phone calls to various places I gave up and didn't really think much about it. On Friday night we called several different places, but none were available. Now the fun begins...

On Saturday morning I got up with Cooper at about 7:25 and fed him breakfast. We were playing and then Allison got up. While she was watching him I called the Wal-Mart in Smyrna. The lady in electronics told me they had three that were available...pay dirt. I got dressed and headed out. On my way there I called to ask if she could hold one for me. She said no, that they were first come, first served. I got to Wal-Mart in about 15 minutes and stood at the electronics counter waiting on someone to help. When she arrived, I asked if they had any Wiis. None, she replied. I asked did you sell all three in the last 15 minutes? She then informed me that she was told by her manager that they were not allowed to sell them until 12:01 am and that the register would not even ring them up. So I left and began calling other places in driving distance. The only other place that had any was the Wal-Mart on Nolensville Rd., they had four and were going to sell them at midnight.

At some point during the day, my brother called the Smyrna Wal-Mart and was told that they would not be available until 8 am Sunday morning. So at this point I was thinking that I had two chances, midnight on Nolensville Rd. and 8 am in Smyrna. At 10:30 my brother and his fiance, Charis, met me at my house to drive to Wal-Mart. When we arrived there were already 4 people in line, one of which had been there since 6 pm. We then called the Wal-Mart in Smyrna and were told that they would be putting them out for sale at 12:01 and there was one person in line, "so you better hurry." We got in the car and headed for Smyrna. As we were getting off the exit Jared called to see how many people were in line and there were three people in line for three Wiis. So needless to say I still have not found one. As I sit here and write this I can't really believe that I went through all of that for a game system that has been out for more than a year.

One other thing, Jared called the Wal-Mart in Columbia around 12:30 am and they had 25 available. However, there were already 25 people in line and they were going to have to wait until 8 am to buy them. Now that's just too much.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! I am now a "Guitar Hero" as well! :) I'm hooked!
Try Game Crazy in Smyrna or Brentwood. Nana found ours in BW. The guy was so nice, he will even hold one for you. Ashley also found one there. Keep trying, it's worth it. We had family night Monday and it was so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

You keep lookin for a Wii and I will just keep getting better and better...I am the Champion my friend! Joey