Monday, January 28, 2008

I Am Completely Confused?!?!?

Last week one day I heard someone going on and on about something that happened on the roast of Mike and Mike. It was a charity event put on by ESPN. Apparently Dana Jacobson used some horrific language when speaking about Notre Dame football (can't really blame her there), "Touchdown Jesus", and Jesus Himself. See Thom Abraham's blog regarding what was said. The most appalling thing to me was the following in an article on ESPN.com about her returning to work today: "Jacobson has been criticized for comments she made at the Atlantic City roast about the Notre Dame football program. The network deemed the remarks 'inappropriate' and suspended her for a week. Jacobson issued an apology at that point." Are you kidding me? Criticized about comments made about ND football? What about the comments that are completely offensive to Christians? Where are the people who often times call for people's jobs when offensive comments are made? She uses the "F" word in connection with Jesus and no one really says a word other than "hey, don't you talk about ND football." Wow, what is this world coming to? Until next time...

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I hear you Jeremy. I was apalled that there was no apology for the offensive remarks about Jesus. I like football just as much as the next person, but I can endure criticism of football teams, however tasteless it may be. To speak so harshly about Jesus crosses over the line in so many ways, I can't believe that wasn't addressed.