Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lead Like Jesus

I got a new devotional for Christmas called Lead Like Jesus by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges. I had heard a little about it and someone I know told me that she uses it at work and often times finds herself looking at it several times a day when she needs to just take a step back and gather her thoughts. I have been reading through it since January 1st and I can say that for someone who leads others, or aspire to, this is a great devotional. I have been inspired most days by the devotional, however day 9 has really stood out. Below is a quote from that day.


"Jesus modeled the role of a true servant leader by investing most of His time in training and equipping the disciples for leadership when His earthly ministry was over."


This the attitude that we should all have. I don't think it matters whether you are leading a company, a Sunday school class, or you own family, we should all be striving to help the people we are leading become leaders down the road.

What are some of the things we can all do to better to equip the people we are leading to be leaders at some point down the road?

No comments: