Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cooperisms

For those of you that have kids, you know that they can say some of the funniest things. Cooper is no exception. This week Cooper was sick, so I was home with him Tuesday and Wednesday. While I was home with him he said some of the funniest things.

Tuesday during the Inauguration, each time President Obama would come on the screen I would say "That is our new President, Barack Obama," but I didn't really think he was really paying attention. Then, as President Obama stood up to take the oath of office Cooper said, "That's our new President?" I said yes, his name is Barack Obama. President Obama took the oath and then music started playing. After the music was over Cooper stood up and said "Yay Barack!" I am not sure I agree with Cooper's politics, but it was funny.

Cooper can't grow up in our house and not hear Rocky Top during football and basketball seasons. Allison and I have also been known to sing it when a touchdown is scored or when a game is over. This morning, at 6:30 a.m., I woke up to "Rocky Top, whoo! Rocky Top, Whoo!"

Those are just two examples of the most recent. I am sure there will be more posts to come as more Cooperisms happen.

No comments: