Thursday, January 7, 2010

Goals for 2010 - part 2

In my last post, I mentioned that I would be posting my goals for 2010. What I didn't mention was that Allison and I are continuing a tradition that we started doing last year, creating goals for the upcoming year. We have been friends with the Tidwells for a long time. For the past several years at dinner around the first of the year Nick would ask us, "So, what are your goals for this year?" Each year I would say something to the effect of, "I don't know, what are yours?" Well, last year Allison and I decided to come up with some goals of our own. We are doing that again this year, and maybe, by posting them here, I will be more accountable to stay on top of them.

I was planning to post my goals on my blog, but after reading a blog post from Michael Smith, the worship past at our church, and Michael Hyatt, CEO of Thomas Nelson, I am even more convinced that it will help me be motivated to achieve these goals throughout the year. One thing that both of these posts made clear is that it is good to get your goals out there. Whether it's telling those you lead or your peers, or posting them on your blog for all to see, getting your goals out there gives you another layer of accountability.

I have a list of several goals. As I said in my earlier post, some of these were on the list last year but didn't get completed.

So, here they are - my goals for 2010.
  • More meaingful and consistent prayer time
  • More meaingful and consistent quiet time
  • Read through the Bible by 12/31/10
  • Memorize at least one verse every week
  • Consistent posting to my blog (at least 2 times per week)
  • Become a better writer
  • Become more organized
  • Complete a triathlon
  • Finish a 5k in fewer than 24 minutes

No comments: