Tuesday, November 17, 2009

At 9:09 Tonight...

...Cooper will technically be 3 years old. I know everyone says this, but it is amazing how quickly they grow. It seems like it was just the other day when I got the phone call, while sitting at lunch at McDougal's, that I will never forget. The one in which Allison said, "You're going to be a daddy today." Typing those words and thinking back on the feeling that I had when she told me she was pregnant as well as when she said he was going to be born that day gives me a lump in my throat and almost brings tears to my eyes.

Recently I heard someone say, "Being a parent is the hardest thing in the world, but it's also the best thing in the world." I would definitely agree with that, especially over the last few months. As I shared in a previous post, Cooper has really started to try our patience. But, as I also shared in another previous post, it is so much fun to be around him and to watch him grow, learn, and experience new things.

Cooper, the past three years have been great. It has been so fun to see the world through your eyes. You are a sweet little boy and I can't imagine our lives without you. I thank God for each moment that we have to spend with you. I look forward to sharing many more years, experiences, adventures, and birthdays with you. Happy birthday buddy, I love you so much.

Three years old

Two years old

One year old

Day one

No comments: