Saturday, May 17, 2008

Wow, We Have a Full Day

For the last several weeks we have not really had that much to do on the weekend. I generally like it that way. Today we have several things scheduled. This morning we ran in a 5k as a family. It is one that we ran last year that is at the TN Baptist Children's Home. We really like this one because it benefits such a great organization and our friend Nick is on the committee for the race. Thanks Nick for all you do in getting this together, it was a great race.

Let me just say I am so proud of my wife. She ran a great race and finished in her personal best time. Her chip time was 27:07, but we were about 30 seconds behind the clock. She probably finished about 26:37.

Cooper and I finished in about 28:00 based on the clock when I finished, but unfortunately my chip time did not register. I think my time was probably about 27:30. After the 5k Cooper made his competitive debut by running in the 100 yd dash. He was probably the youngest one in the race, but he finished ahead of one or two places.

Later this afternoon, Allison and Cooper are going to the one year birthday celebration of one of our very best friends little girl, Lanie Ann.

At the same time I am going to the high school graduation of my cousin Emily. I really can't believe that she is graduating from high school. After that they are having a party at her parents house celebrating her graduation.

What a full day. I don't think we have had this much to do on one day in a long time. I will have pictures of the rest of our day later. Below are pictures from the race. Notice that all three of us have on our t-shirts given to us by our friends the Beck's. They are from Varsity Sports in Baton Rouge. Thanks a lot guys. Until next time...


Alli finishing the race. Good job!

Me and Cooper coming down the home stretch.

Cooper's first race. Great job buddy!

He even got a ribbon!

The fam after the race.

Me and Chad. I worked with Chad at FMC.

Boy did Cooper have fun.

No comments: