Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thursday is for Cooperisms

For sometime now Cooper has been a big fan of convertibles and jeeps. Our friend Derrick has a jeep he's working on and Cooper thinks it's great. A few weeks ago Cooper said "hey dad, you think someday we can get a jeep." My response was "I don't know. Why don't you ask mom when we get home!" As you can imagine, Cooper asked his mom if we could get a jeep as soon as we got home. Since then, evertime we see a jeep he points it out. Lately even Allison has gotten in the act and points out jeeps to Cooper if he doesn't see it first.

Tonight on our way to church a white jeep with the top off was in front of us on Franklin Rd. This was our conversation:

Allison: Coop, look at what's in front of us.
Cooper: Jeep! And it's a Predators Jeep (it had a Predators cover on the spare tire). Dad, can we get a Predators jeep when we get one?
Me: Nah, I don't think we should get a Predators Jeep.
Cooper: Okay. I love that we're getting a jeep.

Allison and I cracked up! We gone from "can we get a jeep," to "I love that we're getting a jeep." Maybe if he keeps this up his mom will give in and let us get one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah...jeeps are nice...

I've always wanted one too...

One Day...one day...

J Bussell said...

One day indeed...

Thanks for stopping by, Arny!

SethCaddell said...

Sounds like he's quite the optimist.

J Bussell said...

He's the eternal optimist. That's one of the many things I love about children!

Thanks for stopping by and reading, Seth.