Wednesday, January 12, 2011

One Word for 2011

As I was making my list of goals for 2011 I started to see a theme. It wasn't a theme of certain activities, but a theme of what I wanted out of many of the activities on my list. Because of this theme, I decided it would be my word for the year. Now I realize I'm a little late to this party, but my word for 2011 is consistent. That's what I want to be throughout 2011, more consistent. I don't mean in one area or another. I mean in everything I do. I want to be consistent in reading the Bible, consistent in prayer, consistent in improving my marriage, consistent in being a dad, consistent in fostering important relationships, consistent in learning, consistent in blogging, consistent in...you get the point. So that's it. My word for the year. Now I just need some of you to help me maintain my consistency.

What about you? Have you ever come up with a word for the year? If so, what is it?

1 comment:

mike barrow said...

yeah...consistancy is good as it implies an intentionality and focus. I really think it's important if we even do the smallest thing consistantly. I think my word for 2011 is HOPE...I want to be a bringer of hope in every way I live. As I represent a redeemed life I really want to show people there is always hope and where there's hope...there's life