Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Floors are In

Tuesday morning I met the floor installation guys at the house at 8:30. There were 2 of them and they got the kitchen/dining room floor installed. From what I can tell they did a great job. When I met with the guys from the company at the house he said he wasn't sure if they would be able to get it woven into the hallway and den area or not. When we got there to check it out, however, they were able to get both doorways done. This coming Tuesday the finishers will be there to sand the entire upstairs and finish all the floors to look the same. This will take three days, since they are putting three coats of polyurethane down. We are going with a natural finish and are definitely excited to see how it looks when it's finished.

Tomorrow my dad is planning to finish up the drywall. Allison and I are going to measure for trim, baseboards, crown molding, as well as do other odds and ends that we can get done. We have a long list of to-dos, but I think we can make a small dent in it tomorrow. Hopefully the roof will be replaced early next week. He said the timing will depend on if the shingles we picked are in stock or not, but he will let me know when they will be there. Moving right along...





1 comment:

Ashley said...

Looking good Bussells! I can't wait to see how it all comes together.